Thursday, February 26, 2015

Kell-chan and Black Josephine

A lot of my friends call me Kell-chan.  It's comes from my love of Japanese stuff.  I feel kind of empty right now and I don't care about much.  I have two tests coming up for school and I haven't gone to school in a week.  Depression has reared it's ugly head.  Sometimes I  am afraid that I wont be able to accomplish what I want too in life.  Right now I am fighting for my Associates.  I am fighting for my comeback.  I didn't do so well in school before you see.  My hope is to bring up my grades and also get back into shape.  One of my other goals is to write. 

I was thinking about a character.  Her Name is Josephine.  It's a mid-evil fantasy world.  The father always dreamed of raising a famous knight and he was going to name him Joseph.  When the baby turned out to be a girl it didn't change his dream any.  So he trains her to be a knight and her Mom wants her to be a lady. Her parents are always fighting over what they want her to be but she discovers that she has magic and decides to become a mage instead.  Both are very put out until the Mom realized that she will be around  a lot of eligible powerful noblemen and the Dad decides that it doesn't matter that she is a mage she can be a Knight as well.

That's the name of this book by the way  Knight Mage.  The first part of the book deals with Josephine  struggling to become a Knight mage surrounded by men.  There are women Mages in this setting but they are more like healers and researches.  Josephine with her Father's pushing and influence wants to be a warrior and that's what really sets her apart from other women mages.   She has kind of a chip on her shoulder.  She is sort of a hot head at first.  She has a lot to prove.  But after she gains some confidence she calms down and starts working with her team better.  I am drawing on my on experience being a women in the Army and seeing some women in the army.

Josephine has to find her own place and she makes friends and falls in love while a war starts.  The last part of the story deals with the fighting and the toll it takes on her and her friends.  Something happens in the war in the end and I think maybe her love is maybe going to die.  After that Josephine is going to go berserk and slaughter a lot of people and this is going to lead directly to the wars conclusion. Her Nickname  Black Josephine

In the aftermath Josephine retires and opens up a orphanages for war orphans.

I first thought of this character as being a mentor figure in another book.  She was going to be dragged out of retirement to teach the main characters.  Then her backstory seemed too. interesting.  Teachers and older students would be afraid of her despite her being so nice.  They would keep hinting about what happened.  The main characters wont know until after Josephine rescues them or something.  When I thought of her I knew I needed to know what happened and now her story which is a prequel has overtaken the main characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment